Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

All About Me...and Linky Party!

Blogger Amy Lemons is having a "Linky Party" so I figured I'd join in on the fun as well! Here is a little about me!


1) I am about to begin my 6th year of teaching!  I started blogging back in February of this year. This last school year I taught a 1st/2nd combination class. I was nervous about it at first, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! It actually made me be more creative because I had to think outside the box when creating lessons. I'm very glad I had the experience and I truly believe it made me a better teacher.

2) I married my amazing husband on December 18, 2011. We actually were neighbors! My dad sold him his house and I moved into my dad's other house across the street. :) At first, my dad didn't know if I should move into the house because of the single guys that lived across the street. He liked Jake, but being a dad he didn't want me that close to any boys! Ha ha!!!  5 years later and we're now married!  It must have been fate!

Here we are on our honeymoon!



3) Jake and I have the most loveable, but hyper, Australian Sheppard. His name is Rascal, and for good reason. He gets into EVERYTHING!! We also have a very sweet and loveable cat too, Lily. We love our "kids."




4) My favorite non-school hobby is shopping. What girl doesn't love shopping? I also absolutely love COACH!!!  Here are my newest COACH additions!


5) Another favorite hobby my husband and I both share is boating. If I could be on the boat every day I would! It's just so relaxing, especially at sunset. I LOVE living in Florida!






6) I have been a vegetarian for 2 years. I recently decided to make another change and eat vegan. I also just started a blog about my experience with vegan food. (Thank goodness my husband owns a produce business!)

 Here's a link to my new blog!



Well, that's a little about me!

Make sure to link up with Amy so I can learn more about you too!!

xoxo,

Callen

6 comments:

  1. You are too cute, girl! I wish I lived in Florida! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I so love FLorida! I hope to retire there someday! Loved reading about you and am now following your blog!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fur babies....I have 2 children: a bunny and a cat. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging! Come on over and visit when you get a chance.

    Shelly

    Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your blog through the Newbie Blog Hop! I also teach in Florida. Come on over to my blog sometime!

    Your Newest Follower,

    Lindsey
    Fantastic First Grade Friends

    ReplyDelete